MANAGER BUILDING CONTROL
- Lead and develop a team
- Manage large scale projects
- Contribute to the community’s future
From the peaceful seaside town of Kawhia in the west to beautiful Lake Arapuni on the eastern boundary, nestled against the slopes of Mt Pirongia, Otorohanga district has it all. The district is centrally located, only two hours from Auckland, Tauranga and New Plymouth.
If you are keen on the outdoors, underground adventure at the Waitomo Caves, fishing out of Kawhia Harbour, surfing at Raglan and the ski fields of Mount Ruapehu are all within easy reach. Otorohanga is the Kiwiana Capital of New Zealand, and is a vibrant town that enjoys a range of services, cafes and boutique shops.
Otorohanga district is booming with plenty of commercial and residential development underway. There has been recent investment in a new medical centre, a themed playground, an urban community walkway and a nationally significant infrastructure project is just commencing.
An exciting growth period in our district is driving activity for the Building Control team. We are looking for a people leader with a positive attitude who can help our customers turn their dreams into reality.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A fantastic attitude
- A track record in leading and developing high performing teams
- Excellent knowledge of the Building Act and other relevant legislation
- The ability to operate with a degree of autonomy showing sound risk management
- Capacity to negotiate with a wide range of customers
- Experience leading the delivery of a digital service delivery platform
- A collaborative approach that utilises the collective knowledge of a strong regional building control network
A competitive remuneration package, including relocation assistance, is offered.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 3rd June.