- Provide technical advice on matters relating to Council property
- Manage Council’s diverse lease portfolio
- Minimise Council risk through sound judgement and good political acumen
From the peaceful seaside towns of Kawhia and Aotea in the west to the beautiful lakes of Arapuni and Waipapa on the eastern boundary, nestled under the slopes of Pirongia and Kakepuku mountains, Otorohanga district has it all. The district is centrally located, in the heart of the mighty Waikato region, only two hours from Auckland, Tauranga and New Plymouth.
If you are keen on the outdoors these are all on our doorstep: underground adventure at the Waitomo Caves, fishing out of Kawhia Harbour, mountain biking at Pirongia or on two of Aotearoa’s Great Rides – the Timber Trail and Waikato River Trails, surfing at Raglan and the ski fields of Mount Ruapehu. Otorohanga is the Kiwiana Capital of New Zealand, and is a vibrant town that enjoys a range of services, cafes and boutique shops.
Otorohanga district is booming with plenty of commercial and residential development underway. There has been recent investment in a new medical centre, a themed playground, and an urban community walkway. A nationally significant infrastructure project is just commencing.
An exciting opportunity has come up within our great team for an experienced Property Advisor to assist our organisation with good technical advice and the management of our Council lease portfolio.
We are looking for an experienced property and/or legal professional with a positive attitude who can assist our organisation with the management of our property legal matters.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A fantastic attitude
- A track record in providing property advice with good outcomes
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation including but not limited to the Property Law Act, Reserves Act, Public Works Act, Public Bodies Leases Act and Local Government Act.
- The ability to operate with a degree of autonomy showing sound risk management
- Capacity to negotiate with a wide range of customers and landowners
- Experience in managing a lease portfolio and other property contractual arrangements
- A collaborative approach when working with iwi and key stakeholders
Competitive remuneration is offered.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 3rd June.