Otorohanga District Council prides itself on economic excellence, local participation and sustainable communities. We are based in a peaceful, rural setting and offer stable employment, regular hours and ongoing investment into the professional development of our dedicated staff members.
We now require an energetic Site Operator to assist the existing team with the operation and maintenance of public water services treatment and reticulation networks. This includes potable water, wastewater and stormwater. Other responsibilities include providing advice and information on all three water services and collection of As-Built and other asset information. Response to after-hours calls will also be required on a rostered basis, once training is complete.
As a successful member of the engineering team, you will be:
• Enthusiastic, willing to keep learning on-the-job and contribute positively to our team culture
• Experienced in some areas of water treatment, collection and distribution operations
• Confident in using electronic technologies relevant to the position, such as SCADA and PLC operation, plus Microsoft Excel
• A proactive problem solver with a high level of initiative
• Hands-on and prepared to “get stuck in” to operational tasks.
Knowledge of drinking water treatment, stormwater management and pumps would be an advantage, as would an affinity for technology.
For more information on this opportunity to make a difference in your community, please call Kylie on 07 873 7104.
Applications close at 5pm on 29 October 2018.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.