Applications for financial assistance to provide support and encouragement to local Communities to create and present diverse opportunities for accessing and participating in arts activities within the Otorohanga District under the Creative Communities New Zealand Scheme will be called for shortly, date to be advised.
A total of $5,295.00 approx. is available for distribution for projects and activities that -
1) Take place within the Otorohanga District
2) Produce benefits which are largely experienced within the Otorohanga District
Eligible projects will be assessed according to the following criteria –
1) Create opportunities for local communities to engage with, and participate in local arts activities.
2) Support the diverse arts and cultural traditions of local communities, enriching and promoting their uniqueness and cultural diversity.
3) Enable and encourage young people (under 18 years) to engage with, and actively participate in the arts.
Funding will be made available under the Scheme by way of subsidy only.
Application Forms and further details of the Scheme are available from the Council office.
Applications close a 5pm on Friday 27 April 2018
An application can be from either a group or an individual. Individual applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
If you have previously received funding under the Creative Communities Scheme, either as an individual or as part of a group, you must have completed a project report for the earlier project before any further applications from you will be considered.
Two funding rounds are held each year and are advertised in the local paper in May and November each year.
You can download an application form from the document downloads below:
The project must:
Your project must meet one or more of the following funding criteria:
Creative Waikato has been funded by Creative New Zealand to develop a suite of workshops, ARTillery, delivered to artists and arts groups across the Waikato region.
ARTillery workshops are designed to give you the skills you need to succeed as an artist or group.
These are FREE, interactive, practical workshops that have been designed so that participants work on their own project during the workshop and can immediately apply in the real world.
For information on the Creative Communities Scheme, please contact us.