The Otorohanga Charitable Trust is made up of a dedicated team of enthusiastic trustees.
We support the community by:
- providing opportunities for people of the Otorohanga district
- undertaking any charitable activities
Some of our recent and current activities have been donations to:
- the proposed Beattie home extension wing – this is the big development in Otorohanga at the moment - nine extra rooms for care of the elderly so that more people can return to their district to be near family.
- supporting children in arts and sports.
- supporting youth driver training - so that young people can legally drive themselves to work opportunities.
- sponsoring the Otorohanga Top Apprentice Award – this year, Sandy Katipa-Maikuku.
- Otorohanga Volunteer Fire Brigade - $5000 toward the purchase of the new 4wd quick response vehicle.
How to Get Involved
Although the trust has enjoyed good growth from our investment strategy, it is still small and needs to grow more now and in the future.
We are focused on growing our trust and we are always looking for help with that.
Ways you can get involved:
- Become a member – annual subscription ($30) or life membership ($300).
- Donation or corporate membership.
- Make a bequeath via your will for a lasting benefit to the community.
We welcome any opportunities for publicity and, of course, always welcome applications to help individuals or organisations with a charitable donation.
If you can help in any way or want to find out more, please email us.