Otorohanga District Council prides itself on economic excellence, local participation and sustainable communities. We are based in a peaceful, rural setting and offer stable employment, regular hours and ongoing investment into the professional development of our dedicated staff members.
We now require an energetic Site Operator to assist the existing team with the operation and maintenance of public water services treatment and reticulation networks; this includes potable water, wastewater and stormwater. Other responsibilities include providing advice and information on all three water services and collection of as-built and other asset information. Response to after-hours calls will also be required on a rostered basis.
As a successful member of the Engineering team, you will be:
• Experienced in water treatment, collection and distribution operations.
• Confident in using technologies relevant to the position and in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• An excellent communicator with strong verbal comprehension skills.
• A proactive problem solver with a high level of initiative.
• Able to effectively prioritise work with a responsive customer service attitude.
Knowledge of sewerage reticulation and treatment, stormwater management and pumps would be an advantage as would excavator operator or traffic management experience.
For more information on this opportunity to make a difference in your community, please call Erin on 07 873 7104.
We welcome your application by 5 June with your cover letter and resume.